Following on from my previous blog about getting clarity in your business, we need to look at the next discipline…focus!
The subject of focus in businesses seems to have two extremes:
- Having no focus or priorities so letting the world set your agenda, or;
- Having so many priorities, initiatives or ideas that none of them have a priority.
- Draining the workforce of energy and attention to detail as they jump from one initiative to another;
- Delaying the delivery of all initiatives as people and teams switch their focus and attention;
- Reducing quality of effort.
All of which ultimately mean your business might not be as profitable as it could be, due to lack of focus.